Today @realDonaldTrump tweeted the following.
Donald J. Trump
At 10:00 P.M. on Election Evening, we were at 97% win with the so-called “bookies”.
This tweet has 146.8K Likes.
The problem is that this was in fact expected and is not evidence of fraud or proof that the election results are invalid for the following reasons which I will explain in the simplest way possible.
- There is a currently a deadly worldwide pandemic.
- Voting in person during a pandemic is a health risk.
- Many states responded to the pandemic by encouraging Vote by Mail.
- In many states the law required that counting of vote by mail ballots not begin until after the election.
- You told your supporters that vote by mail is prone to fraud despite having no proof. Thus many of your supporters chose to vote in person despite the pandemic related health risk.
- Democrats encouraged to stay healthy and vote by mail. Thus many democrats did the sane thing and chose to Vote by Mail.
Thus the inevitable result is that at the end of the day the election results appeared to favor Donald Trump because the legal vote by mail ballots had not been counted yet.
Even Attorney General William Barr, a well known supporter of Donald Trump, has said that “to date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election.”