In February Donald Trump made the following comments about COVID-19.
- “Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.” (Feb. 10)
- “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” (Feb. 24)
- “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” (Feb. 27)
At this time the Trump administration and various Republicans were relying on an article titled “Coronavirus Perspective” by Richard A. Epstein. In the first version of this document he claimed that there would be 500 deaths due to COVID-19. A few days later he revised the document saying that he made a mistake and there would be 5,000 deaths. He later revised it again by saying there would be 50,000 deaths.
As of today, there have been 67,456 deaths due to COVID-19 in the United States.
- The Contrarian Coronavirus Theory That Informed the Trump Administration
- CDC COVID-19 Cases in the U.S.
- From ‘It’s going to disappear’ to ‘WE WILL WIN THIS WAR’
Donald Trump; a.k.a. Donald Drumpf, a.k.a. Lord Dampnut, a.k.a. Dumbnut, a.k.a. Donnie Trumpelstiltskin, a.k.a. Donald tRUMP; our most, or perhaps least, honored (not my) POTUS and our great Bloviator in Chief!